When we were in Ohio we looked at lots of baby pictures of Aaron. It turns out Elijah looks a lot like Aaron as a baby. We found this picture below of Aaron. His mom saved the outfit and gave it to us. So we took an identical shot of Elijah. I think it’s amazing how similar they look.
Monthly Archives: July 2009
Fun things Elijah is doing
Elijah is becoming more fun each day. Here are a few things he’s doing.
- He smiles all the time and has started to add a little laugh in every once in a while.
- His favorite song is “Head and Shoulders” because it involves touching his face, he loves to have his head and face touched.
- He loves to be naked and smiles when we take his diaper off.
- He LOVES bath time and grins and coos through the whole thing, at least until we take him out and he is cold.
- He really likes his pacifier but is not very good at holding on to it by himself.
- He has discovered his hands recently and enjoys sucking on them.
- His favorite things to stare at are ceiling fans, the boppy pillow cover and grandma Rene’s glasses.
- He loves sitting upright so he can look around the room.
- He enjoys laying on his play mat staring up at the star pillow. Who knew a blinking, singing, primary colored, star-shaped pillow could be so interesting.
- He also likes his new swing. It swings front to back and side to side. It’s like laying in a cloud. I kind of wish they made an adult version.
2 Months Old
Look what Elijah found
First Trip to Ohio
We drove to the great state of Ohio this past week and visited Aaron’s family. We were there for a week and half so there are lots and lots of pictures. Enjoy!
Grandma Janet reading a book to Elijah, as you can see he loves it! This grandson of a librarian will have no shortage of books in his life.
Great Grandma Carol (Janet’s mom) meeting Elijah for the first time.
Great Grandpa Jack (Janet’s Dad) meeting Elijah for the first time.
He gave him this native american rattle to play with and Elijah grabbed and and started shaking! On accident of course. But it was pretty cute. Once I figure out how to upload video I will share it.
Tummy time and big smiles
Snoozing with Grandpa Guy
Family 4th of July picture. Elijah not very happy.
First piano lesson
Snoozing in his 4th of July outfit with Aunt Emily.
All the boys…
Isn’t it amazing how babies can sleep anywhere in any position?
Four generations of Ergos!
Elijah and the ladies…
Luke Noren holding Elijah. Luke is the son of Katie Noren, the Noren’s are great family friends of the Ergo-Zimmerman’s. I’m sure in a few years these two will be running around together playing. So cute!
Elijah and Maria (Janet’s Best Friend)
Martin and Elijah (Maria’s son)
Love those smiles!
This little outfit was Aaron’s when he was a baby. Of course every time I put him in it we had a blow out! Ugh
Elijah and Uncle Mark (Guy’s brother)
Elijah and Alex (Mark’s son)
Guy and Janet hosted an open house party for friends to come meet Elijah. I decide to help with the cake. Janet baked it and I decorated it with fondant. I’m pretty sure Duff wouldn’t hire me (Ace of Cakes) but it’s not bad for my 2nd and more successful attempt at homemade fondant decorating.
Janet did the writing, I can’t take credit for that.
Ta Da! The finished product.
And here is a little mini matching cake for Aaron’s birthday.
Daddy and Elijah in his party outfit.
Elijah and Morgan (Aaron’s Best Friend and Best Man at our wedding) in their matching white polos.
Family pic by the birch tree trunk
Me and my sweet baby!
Lounging with Grandpa Guy
We are in Ohio visiting this week. Grandpa Guy was spending time with Elijah while Aaron and I were working. I found them outside like this. ADORABLE!
First Father’s Day
We celebrated Aaron’s first Father’s Day this year. Here he is below with the little guy and his special coffee mug.
Here are a bunch of pictures of Elijah and his daddy.
This is a generation picture of the males on my side of the family. Elijah, Aaron, my dad and my grandpa Alan.
The first picture